abrasion resistant, chemical resistant & formable
Dual-Cure Protective Lacquer for Metals
Area of Application
Norilux® DCAL is a formable, abrasion resistant dual-cure screen printing lacquer.
Norilux® DCAL can be used as first surface protective lacquer/hard coat on metal substrates, for example aluminum. The ink systems NoriScreen® ALU and NoriPUR® can be overprinted with Norilux® DCAL as a protective lacquer. It is possible to create matt-glossy-effects on one part with this lacquer system. The over-printability as well as subsequent process steps must be tested thoroughly on each part.
Cured lacquer layers of Norilux® DCAL are resistant to chemicals and pass various “creme tests” of the automobile industry.
- available as high gloss version DCAL-6/001
- available as matt version DCAL-6/002
- can be used for overprinting silicone free UV, solvent and water-based screen printing inks
- is formable, e.g. by high pressure forming or thermo forming
- shows excellent abrasion resistance
- shows excellent resistance to chemicals
- further gloss levels are available upon request
- translucent/tinted lacquers are available
- versions containing levelling agents based on silicone compounds are available on request
- effect lacquers (e. g. sparkling effect) are available upon request
Further information can be found in our technical data sheets in the Downloads section